R550.00 – R1,500.00
Although St John’s was established in 1898, it was only in 1907 that the school opened in Houghton. Sir Herbert Baker designed the new Houghton school buildings and initially used rough quartzite rock which was quarried on the site, later the rock was sourced from Krugersdorp and hand-cut by Maltese stonemasons. The school is arranged around a number of quadrangles, and has two chapels, a main one and a crypt chapel. The pipe organ in the main chapel is the largest of its kind in South Africa. The Bell Tower completed in 1933, houses one of the largest bells in South Africa and also has the largest clock in South Africa. The flag at the top of the bell tower is changed every day, from the South African flag, to the St John’s College flag, to the flag of St George.
Limited edition 1/100 print, 200mm x 200mm
Giclee print on 200gsm, Archival Matt
* each print includes a bespoke sticker story (to be placed on the back of a frame), the contents of this prints story can be seen above.
300mm x 300mm Aluminium Box Frame with artwork float mounted and centred
|FRAMED OR UNFRAMED?*||
No Frame, Black Aluminium